Frequently Asked Questions
Information regarding Santa bookings - opens 1st October
If you’re certain you’ve entered your credit card details correctly, the most likely reason is that your issuing bank requires strong customer authentication (SCA). Our payment system is compliant with SCA but some banks may still reject payment – it’s a common problem across all booking systems at the moment. The best workaround is to try a different card or contact your card issuers directly.
There are many reasons why you may not be able to complete a booking and, by far, the most common reason is a declined credit or debit card but, there may also me other technical reasons.
- Use a modern internet browser such as Chrome, Firefox or the new Microsoft Edge browser. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- You may have chosen not to accept certain cookies when you first visited the website. This means that some functionality will not be available. See the red tab at the bottom of each screen to change your preferences.
- You may have blocked certain functionality in your anti-malware and/or anti-virus software.
- There’s a lot going on in the background and it’s possible you just hit us at a really busy period so, please try again in a few minutes.
- Sometimes a slow mobile data signal (3G/4G) prevents the dates & time calendars showing up. Bookings are best made on a stable wifi connection if at all possible.
- If you selected a date and went away to make a cuppa, feed the cat or whatever, by the time you get back to the booking form, time slots may no longer be available. Please re-start your booking from scratch.
- I never received an email confirmation. The most common reason is that you may have mistyped your email address or our emails may be ending up in your junk or spam folders. Please take a look before contacting us.
Report a technical problem
It may be that the date is unavailable for some reason. If you see the ‘spinner’ going around and around, this indicates the site is very busy or you are booking from a device with a slow internet or mobile data connection. Either give it a minute or two or please try again later.
Visitors are able to book tickets for up to 5 children 11 and under per time slot. A maximum of 2 adults will be allowed to accompany the child(ren). Adults to wear face masks in the Grotto if possible, please.
We ask that all adults wear a face mask when accompanying children into the grotto. Father Christmas is getting on a bit and it’s important that we protect him where at all possible or there may not be any deliveries on Christmas Eve!
Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your booking. We cannot allow the waiting areas to become congested. Should you arrive too early, please take a look around the stalls.
If you need to change a booking, you will need to cancel your original booking and make a new one. Refunds are processed manually and it may take up to 7 days to be processed by your card issuer.
Firstly we ask everyone to sanitise their hands on arrival. The fairy will book you in and the elf will come and collect you.
For the last two years, we have encouraged children to sit beside Santa’s new throne in their own Grotto chair. Chairs will be placed in front of where Santa sits so that photos can be taken. Please make sure you remember your phones & cameras as you
will not be able to retrace your steps or re-enter at Grotto reception.
12 months to 11 years old.
£7.00 per child.
There is no charge if they are accompanying a sibling with a ticket. The baby will not receive a gift though. If you are booking a slot specifically for a baby 12 months or over, then you will need a ticket.
Yes, booking confirmation emails are sent immediately a booking is made. If you have not received a confirmation email please check your junk mail/spam in case the confirmation is there.
Canterbury is easily accessible via bus, train and car. There are several car parking options including Whitefriars multi-storey, Watling Street car park and Dover Street car park. Additionally there are disabled spaces just a short distance away.
We have positioned chairs adjacent to Santa’s throne where children can sit to have their photos taken.
No, the closest facilities are within Whitefriars Shopping Centre in the toilets opposite the bus station.
Yes this is located in the reception area of the Grotto experience.
Please refer to our separate Covid-19 policy.