Frequently Asked Questions
Visit Santa Bookings
There are many reasons why you may not be able to complete a booking and, by far, the most common reason is a declined credit or debit card but, there may also me other technical reasons.
- Use a modern internet browser such as Chrome, Firefox or the new Microsoft Edge browser. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- You may have chosen not to accept certain cookies when you first visited the website. This means that some functionality will not be available. See the red tab at the bottom of each screen to change your preferences.
- You may have blocked certain functionality in your anti-malware and/or anti-virus software.
- There’s a lot going on in the background and it’s possible you just hit us at a really busy period so, please try again in a few minutes.
- Sometimes a slow mobile data signal (3G/4G) prevents the dates & time calendars showing up. Bookings are best made on a stable wifi connection if at all possible.
- If you selected a date and went away to make a cuppa, feed the cat or whatever, by the time you get back to the booking form, time slots may no longer be available. Please re-start your booking from scratch.
- I’m sure I had an account in previous years but can no longer log-in? To be fully compliant with GDPR regulations we delete all accounts after Christmas each year. Please create a new account.
- I never received an email confirmation. The most common reason is that you may have mistyped your email address or our emails may be ending up in your junk or spam folders. Please take a look before contacting us.
Report a technical problem
It may be that the date is unavailable for some reason. If you see the ‘spinner’ going round and around, this indicates the site is very busy or you are booking from a device with a slow internet connection. Either give it a minute or two or please try again later.
Visitors will be able to book tickets for one child at a time or a maximum of three if the children are from the same family. A maximum of 2 adults will be allowed to accompany the children. Sessions may not be combined to allow extra adults in together. If you need to book for four or more children, this will need to be booked over two separate sessions with a maximum of two adults attending at any time.
Online booking will open on 14th October 2020 from 9am onwards.
All sessions must be booked in advance, this year we cannot allow any walk-ins. Track and trace information will be taken at the time of booking.
Sorry, No. Only children from the same household may attend a single session.
Please ensure anyone 12 years+ is wearing a mask on entering the shop. The grotto experience is located at the back and all guests aged 12 years and above must wear a mask throughout the experience. Children aged 11 and under do not need to wear a face covering.
Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your booking. Areas need to be sanitised between bookings and we cannot allow the waiting areas to become congested. Should you arrive too early, please take a look around the festive pop-up.
Unfortunately we cannot change bookings or refund non-attendance. Should, for any reason, the grotto need to be cancelled, full refunds will be given.
Firstly we ask everyone to sanitise their hands on arrival. At the moment we are not required to temperature check, however we reserve the right to include this should the Government change the current guidelines. The fairy will book you in and the elf will come and collect you.
For the last two years we have encouraged children to sit beside Santa in their own Grotto chair. This year children will stand with the accompanying adults 2m from Santa. Chairs will be placed in front of the sleigh so that photos can be taken of the children with Santa. These chairs are approximately 1.4m from where Santa sits. Please make sure you remember your phones & cameras as you
will not be able to retrace your steps or re-enter at Grotto reception.
The Track & trace process requires that we collect more information than in previous years. We ask the colour of your front door simply to personalise the child(rens) visit with Santa.
It is not possible to include this in this year’s experience, we will therefore be giving the children an activity to do at home.
12 months to 11 years.
£6 per child, free for a maximum of 2 accompanying adults. All must be from the same household.
There is no charge if they are accompanying a sibling with a ticket. The baby will not receive a gift though. If you are booking a slot specifically for a baby 12 months or over, then you will need a ticket.
Yes, booking confirmation emails are sent immediately a booking is made. If you have not received a confirmation email please check your junk mail/spam in case the confirmation is there.
Canterbury is easily accessible via bus, train and car. There are several car parking options including Whitefriars multi-storey, Watling Street car park and Dover Street car park. Additionally there are disabled spaces just a short distance away.
Ye, it is fully accessible.
We have positioned chairs at the bottom of the sleigh where children can sit to have their photos taken.
No, the closest facilities are within Whitefriars Shopping Centre in the toilets opposite the bus station.
Yes this is located in the reception area of the Grotto experience.
Please refer to our separate Covid-19 policy.