For coach drivers
Coaches can drop passengers off at the drop-off point located in St George’s Lane, in front of Whitefriars Shopping Centre, where a section of the Christmas Market is located and approximately 400 metres from Canterbury Cathedral.
Canterbury Coach Park is approximately a 10 minute pleasant riverside walk from the city centre. There is no coach parking available within the city walls. The coach park is easily accessible from the main routes into the city with parking machines accepting credit cards and cash. Toilets including disabled, baby changing facilities and water point are available.
Times and charges – open 24 hours per day everyday. £15 for 12 hours.
- A fantastic selection of Christmas gifts for the whole family
- Festive food and drink offerings
- Meet and greet characters
- Live music at weekends
- Santa’s Grotto from November 27th to December 24th (on selected dates)
Market Opening hours
Friday, November 12th to Friday, December 24th 2021
- Monday to Friday 10 am to 6 pm
- Saturday 9 am to 6 pm
- Sunday 10 am to 4 pm
- Christmas Eve closes at 4 pm
You can book to visit Santa in his grotto along with his Elves from October 1st online here.
In our new grotto in the Marlowe Arcade in Whitefriars Shopping Centre. Meet our magical fairy Gem Gem for a sprinkle of fairy dust and a nose wiggle, followed by a fun, creative experience in our elf workshop with our big elves that really are trying their hardest to be good. The children will receive their very own elf hat, learn their elf name, help the big elves count the shELF toys, take part in a fun craft activity and then meet the big man himself. Each child will receive an elf hat, a gift and of course their Certified Elf certificate.
- Open for children 12 months to 11 years old
- Sessions last 15 minutes
- Maximum 5 children per time slot*
- 1 adult per booking. Adults are requested to wear a face mask if at all possible.
*Please note: If you would like an exclusive slot you will need to book all 5 places in that slot.
You can book for Santa Paws from October 1st online here.
Canterbury Christmas Barket welcomes our four-legged friends to Santa Paws sessions where humans can book their furry friends in to visit Father Christmas, who absolutely adores all animals – obviously! Each visit includes an opportunity for your dog to tell Father Christmas how well behaved they’ve been, a Christmas gift for your dog and plenty of opportunities to take photos.
1 dog and up to 4 humans per booking. 7th December and 8th December only 12 noon until 6 pm. Sessions last up to 5 minutes. £4.00 per dog per booking.
- Well behaved dogs only, please.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
- All dogs must be accompanied by a responsible adult.