Welcome Bienvenue Willkommen أهلا بك Witamy 欢迎
Once again the sparkling Whitefriars Canterbury Christmas Market returns to get you well and truly into the Christmas spirit. This year, for 2018 it's bigger and better than ever with more market stalls, great events and, of course Santa and his elves will be in residence arriving in town on Friday 30th November and available for pre-booked visits to the Grotto from Saturday 1st December until Christmas Eve (early close 24th December at 3pm as, obviously, Santa needs to get on his way!).
We look forward to welcoming you for some great Christmas shopping with awesome, unique gift ideas, seasonal treats and warming winter drinks & cocktails.
Santa Claus is coming to town!
Come along and join us on Friday 30th November for 5pm when the big man himself arrives in Canterbury Christmas Market along with his elves, live music and street entertainers together with Christmas carols performed by the Salvation Army Band. Just head for the Whitefriars shopping centre and you can't miss it!
The 12 Golden Ticket winners will also exclusively get to visit Santa in his grotto!
16th November to 24th December
Visit and like our Facebook page for up-to-the-minute info & news
Visit Santa dates & times
- Friday 30th November, Santa and his elves arrive in town at 5pm with live music and entertainment in Whitefriars Square.
- Santa's Grotto is open from 1st December 11am to 4pm Sunday to Friday and 10am to 5pm on Saturdays (last booking slot 15 minutes before closing time).
- The Grotto is not bookable on 3rd, 4th, 11th and 12th December.
- The Grotto closes early at 3pm on Christmas Eve to allow Santa time to do what he has to do!
Market dates & times
The market opens on Friday 16th November and closes on Christmas Eve
- Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm
- 9am to 6pm Saturday
- 10am to 5pm Sunday
- Closes Christmas Eve at 4pm
Late night opening until 8pm on 16th November and 30th November.